The meaning of life I think is to live fully. Not plastic pleasure, not tinseltown pleasure — to live and enjoy simply life”Lindsay Murray
Last week I watched this video that struck a chord in me. It was a video on simple living and revolved around a New Zealand man named Lindsay Murray.
I watched the video about five times because not only was it a beautiful story on someone who cultivated a meaningful life full of simplicity and intentionality, it also reminded me of the reasons why I started my personal journey to simplify and pursue a meaningful life.
The reasons that were revived are as follows:
- I get to appreciate the small pleasures in life without distraction.
- I no longer have to force myself to strive for what society says is a “successful” life.
- I can value experiences over the accumulation of more material possessions.
- I can rid myself of the excess and focus on my passions.
- I have the choice to cultivate a life of meaning and purpose through being intentional.
I encourage you to watch the video because I’m sure you’ll find value in hearing Murray’s story. I also watched a few other videos on the same Youtube channel that all involve aspects of intentional living that I think are worth watching.
What matters in life.
Living the Balance.
For more on intentional and simple living, visit my Minimalism page.