Sometimes it’s hard to open up your journal and begin reflecting. When I first began journaling as a daily practice, it was torture. I didn’t know where to start! Later, I began searching for journal prompts to help me get my thoughts turning and found that it was easier to write with prompts rather than staring at a blank page for hours.
For those of you who are wanting to begin journaling as a daily practice or who just want to journal here and there, I’ve created 15 thought provoking journal prompts that you can use starting today with prompts surrounding reflection and goal setting.
- What are three things that I’ve done this month to bring me closer to my ideal self/ dream life?
- What are my top five values? Are these values reflected in how I live my life?
- Who is my ideal self? What is she/he doing? What does he/she have?
- What is one song that describes my life right now? What is one song that describes my dream life?
- In what ways can I take maximal responsibility for my life?
- In what ways can I be a better person? How can I grow? What areas need the most attention?
- When was the last time I did something that made me feel alive and in control? How can I incorporate that feeling more into my life?
- What are three goals that would change my life if I accomplished them this year?
- What is something I wish I had more of in my life? (i.e. more adventure? More ebb and flow? More self care?).
- What are some limiting beliefs that have been holding me back from pursuing my goals?
- What are some things I love about myself (physical and/or characteristically).
- What are five changes that I’ve seen in my life (positive or negative) in the last five years?
- What is something my younger self would be proud of if he/she saw me today? What would he/she say (positively or negatively)?
- Who is someone I admire? What are the traits that they have that I wish to aspire to?
- What are activities/ hobbies that make me feel fulfilled? How can I make more time for them in my life?